To facilitate participation and volunteering. That simple. And we choose to do so by proposing alternative and innovative social and environmental actions at the local level. Above all, we seek to promote participation among the traditionally-less-involved people and minorities, such as the diversely functional, the ones at risk of exclusion, the homeless, and ethnic/social minorities, as a way of supporting their insertion.
We imagine a society where all people have the same rights and the same opportunities when it comes to participating and volunteering: It would be nice, right? Well, with your support, we will improve a little bit more.
We work to democratize participation and volunteering through these 5 objectives:
- Eliminate/reduce the barriers that hinder social and/or environmental participation and volunteering, analyze the ones that exist, real or perceived, and create projects that minimize theses barriers.
- Make the options for social and/or environmental participation and volunteering visible, disseminating the options that exist locally and internationally, creating networks with social organizations, and making their work more visible.
- Promote education for development and global citizenship, raising awareness among Galician society to the very diverse realities in which we live, always taking into account humanistic values, peaceful coexistence, tolerance, and equality.
- Promote the personal and professional development of people, especially young people, through significant training and providing interesting experiences at the local and/or international level.
- Support grassroots social services by carrying out community intervention programs that reinforce the effectiveness of the essential services.
Our values guide us to achieve our objectives and they also represent our starting point when planning our actions:
PARTICIPATION PROXIMITY SOCIAL INNOVATION
COMMITMENT TO HUMAN AND ENVIRONMENTAL RIGHTS
For more info, check the statutes of the association Simbiose here.